Friday, December 4, 2009

Look what I found...

The following are two excerpts from the Statement of Doctrine from the Lakeview Bible Church in Carter Lake, IA. (Carter Lake, Iowa is kind of inside the city of Omaha.)
http://lakeviewreflections.org/index.php/About-Us/

The green text is my personal highlighting.

F.
One Baptism
We believe that the Holy Spirit places all believers today
into the Body of Christ by one spiritual baptism.

This divine baptism takes place at salvation and identifies every believer
with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.

Since this one baptism promotes the unity of the Spirit,
Lakeview Bible Church does not practice water baptism,
resting in the total sufficiency of the finish work of Jesus Christ
for a complete and blameless standing before God.
(Romans 6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 1:17-18 and 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:3-6;
Colossians 2:9-12)

K. Mission
The mission and commission of the Church, which is the Body of Christ,
is to follow the revelation of the truth which our Lord Jesus Christ in
glory revealed to the Apostle Paul for us. That gospel which Paul called “my gospel” in contrast to the gospel of the circumcision (
Israel
) is God’s message for today.
So, as Paul, we should strive to preach the gospel in the regions
beyond where Christ is not named.
(Romans 2:16, 11:13, 15:16, 15:20 and 16:25; 1 Corinthians 4:16 and 11:1;
2 Corinthians 10:16; 2 Corinthians 5:14-21; Galatians 1:6, 9, 11 and 2:2, 5:7;
Ephesians 3:1-2; Philippians 3:17, 1 Thessalonians 1:6;
1 Timothy 2:7; 2 Timothy 1:11 and 2:2 &8)

A church that identifies separate Israel gospel from Paul's gospel... AND doesn't believe in water baptism for today?
Now you're wondering about their take on communion?

F. The Lord’s Supper
The communion of the Lord’s Supper as revealed through
the Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 is
for members of the Body of Christ to be observed “till he comes.”


I have my own thoughts on all three parts. Anyone else?

Apparently there is an affiliation of like-minded Grace churches and organizations. Check out this link (look at all of the ones listed for Ohio.) How did I never hear of this before? Some of them have REALLY bold statements of faith. You might like to check some of them out.
http://www.gmaf.org/churches.html

-YourBrother

3 comments:

YourBrother said...

Jon, I'm adding this next one just for you. I think you should read everything on their site. :)

http://www.wadsworthbiblefellowship.com/

I wonder if what stands out to me stands out to you also. =D

Pastor Jon said...

Your Brother,
I am still reading through all of the material that you have asked me to look at.
To tell you the truth, I have focused on their church polity more than looking at their doctrine. I will talk with you more when I am done examining their website and links. Thanks for adding to the blog. Keep it up!

YourBrother said...

Sorry, it wasn't really supposed to be an assignment. No one has to read anything. I just thought that church had some unique things to consider on their website.
Here's a really interesting pamphlet/graphic I found from another Grace church organization.
http://www.ohiograceministries.org/dispensational_chart.htm