Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Live and Learn

I just want to start out by welcoming myself back. Many of you probably forgot who I was. I am not going to make excuses other than to say that my computer crashed (it would not boot up) and I finally purchased another one this morning.
My next project is to try and recover my files from the hard drive of my previous computer. I'll bet there are people out there who back up their files in another location so that they don't find themselves in the predicament that I am currently in. Apparently I am not that type of person. Maybe I'll learn something from this experience?

I have been thinking about how to catch everyone up on what has been going on. I have an antelope story to tell (by the way, Karen makes delicious antelope stew), I saw a black bear in Tennessee, I shot a decent buck during bow season, Emily shot her first deer last week, my car broke down and I haven't been able to drive it, Thanksgiving came and went, I have missed every Pheasant that I have shot at (I have managed to bag some Quail), and I have been working on some projects at church. I am hoping to share some of these things with you in the near future, but alas, shotgun season for deer starts on Saturday. In addition to that, we have a family coming in from out of town to visit the church this weekend, I have a deacon meeting next week, I have a union meeting next week, we need to have our 2010 church financial plan finished in the next couple of weeks, the church has a question and answer time on Sunday evening with a prospective elder and his wife (Karen and I), and I am trying to help start up a new small group ministry. Oh yeah, and Christmas is coming. With that comes the holiday schedule.

On an unrelated topic, we started our corn stove two days ago. What a blessing that has been as we now have 10" of snow on the ground and the temperature is supposed to be ten below the next couple of nights. We did have an unseasonably warm November so that was an unexpected blessing.

Saturday evening the girls are performing a puppet show for a neighboring church. This evening we are having "puppet practice" in our home (prayer meeting was canceled due to the weather). Who knew that puppets needed to practice?

While I wait for the girls to prepare, I am going to load my Bible software on this new computer. I don't want to leave without giving a plug for "YourBrother" who has recently posted on this blog. Encourage him to continue by commenting on his posts! It seems his latest post ought to draw some feedback (especially from the Baptists).

2 comments:

YourBrother said...

Welcome back! I hope you didn't have to spend money you didn't have just so you could keep me from taking over your blog! That was clever the way you pointed out that it was an imposter who'd recently posted on your blog.

jubilee said...

While I've never heard of anyone welcoming themselves back, I'll add my sentiments to YourBrother's and say, "I am glad you are back too." :)

Did someone say, "bear?!" I'd add "Be careful what you pray for," but I guess it's a little late for that in the case of the bear sighting.

You'd be surprised how much practice those wily puppets need!