Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Scared to pray?

I don't want to take the time to share all of the details regarding our union meeting last week, but I do want to share what went on at home while I was gone.

Karen has been very purposeful (and faithful) over that last two years in praying with the girls during my meetings at church. I tell you that because when I left for the union meeting last week, Karen called our three girls together and said "We really need to pray for Papa and his meeting tonight."

Of course, this prompted some questions. The girls said that they didn't know I was at a deacon meeting and thought that it was something from work. Karen told them that it was a union meeting and it was about work; it had nothing to do with church. This was the point that Audrey chimed in...

"A Union Meeting! It's not even for church?! Mom, then why did you use your 'deacon meeting' voice? You scared me."

2 comments:

jubilee said...

Funny and so telling. Oh, that more people would have the "deacon meeting voice." Maybe the world would be a better place.

Now, "dmv" is not a voice my own children are all that familiar with (maybe they should be), but there is the occasional "you are really asking for it" voice and the-gulp!-stink eye in the jubilant household. The one that gets Whirling Dervish every time is, "How do you think Jesus would feel about ______ ?" I'm not trying to guilt them, just remind them that He sees our every action.

Anonymous said...

that is just too precious! i love the comments that are from a child's or a young person's perspective! they are so telling.