Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What are we doing (?) for heaven's sake!

Here is a sneak peek at my next sermon...

I have mentioned several times that I was going to do a message on a specific topic. Many of you have heard me talk about it either at ABF or on Wed. nights, or maybe I even mentioned it the last time I preached. What I am talking about is the Christian that spends his/her life doing nothing for Christ.
When you hear me say that there are Christians that have spent their life doing nothing for Christ, you immediately think that I am insulting that person. You think of it in negative terms. It would take a lot of boldness to go up to a believer and say that they were doing nothing for Christ. The irony here is that many of us are proud of being that very Christian.


I would like to show you today what I mean when I say that our church, and the world, is full of believers that are doing nothing for Christ, and are proud of it!
In order to show you what I mean, let’s look an example in the Bible where people were proud of the fact that they were doing nothing for God.


Okay, I'll stop there for now. I do not want to let the cat out of the bag too early. Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to the passage I will use?

1 comment:

jubilee said...

Can't wait to read your next post.