Monday, February 16, 2009

Booked

Well, what a long weekend we have had! We had a 5" snow on Friday (when I was at the station) so I had to go straight from the fire station on Saturday morning to plowing snow for several homes and for our church.
On Saturday afternoon, the girls and I set up for a movie event that we were having at church that night. Karen and the girls were in charge of all the child care because we thought the movie should be for couples and adults. After all, it was Valentine's Day!
When we completed set-up at church, we went to my brother's home for a quick birthday party. We combined the birthdays of 4 people, ate some cake, and headed back to church.
As it turned out, the movie (Fireproof) lasted longer than expected due to two power outages that occured. The power company was down the road changing transformers.

After the movie, we handled all of the clean-up and made it home by 11:00 p.m.

Sunday morning Emily and I left for church at 8:00 a.m., with Emily behind the wheel. Yes she has her instruction permit, and Sunday morning is a great time to drive because no-one is on the road! After the morning service and Sunday School we had an all church business meeting.
After the business meeting we had a membership team meeting because we had a lady in our church that wants to be baptized and join the church.
At 1:00 p.m. (10 minutes after the membership meeting) we began our deacon meeting. This lasted until 4:00 p.m. at which time I had to go fetch my car that another member of the church had borrowed for the afternoon. This found me back at church at 5:30 p.m. for our evening service which began at 6:00 p.m. and ended at 7:00 p.m.

We then drove to my Mom and Dad's for dinner and a visit with my grandmother who is in town for a few weeks. Obviously we stayed far too late because we didn't get home until 10:30 last night!

Today, I intend to read a book - I should get started on it just as soon as I pay the bills, finish my taxes, write next week's sermon, write Emily's Bible test, check Emily's Bible homework from the last 4 weeks, write up and distribute a motion for tomorrow's fire department union meeting, clean some corn for our corn stove and send all of the pertinent information from yesterday's meetings into the church office.

Now that I think of it, I wonder if our Library would just have the cliff notes?

2 comments:

jubilee said...

Oh.My. You did have a busy weekend. Inquiring minds want to know how many games of Catan did you play during your visit with GGB? C'mon, don't be shy . . .

Pastor Jon said...

I haven't had the time to play any games yet but I think Karen is planning on having a game night this Saturday. Hopefully I can fit it in!