Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's all in the name

So we have good friends that were expecting their 4th child. We have been praying for a safe delivery and a healthy mom and baby. Praise the Lord, everything went well and mom and baby are doing fine!

The funny thing is that this family already has 3 boys. I think they may have been counting on another boy.

Karen and I have 3 girls. Were we to have another one, we would be expecting a girl.

If I remember correctly, picking out baby names is quite a chore. It takes weeks of throwing names around (sometimes months) before a couple settle on a name. Karen and I never got to use a boys name. Now that I think of it, after Emily was born, I don't know that we even talked about boys names again.

This week we found out how close our friends were when they named their baby.

For those of you that don't know, my girls are named:
Emily Elizabeth, Audrey Ahnna, and Kaylin Elise - Our friends girl:
L--ily ------------------------a---na---------------Elise


Lilyana Elise-8lbs 5 oz and 20" long. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

jubilee said...

Cool. Love the name Elise. Would have used it myself if I could have convinced The Calm One.

Lily's Mama said...

I hope that our dear Lilyana Elise will develop the same character and sweet spirit that we see in your girls. If only it were as simple as choosing a beautiful name. (Which was rather excruciating, by the way!)

Pastor Jon said...

I pray that your Lilyana Elise will develop better character and a sweeter spirit than what is in my girls. I know that she has faithful parents!

Personally speaking, It is probably the prettiest name I have ever heard. (Please don't share that with my girls)