Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ordered out

It is ironic how the Lord puts things into our lives. Here I was a couple of weeks ago griping about Robert's Rules of Order, and the last week has found me studying them because of a Union meeting that we have tonight and tomorrow.
I do not want to go into all of the dirty details, but we have had some things happen in our union lately that have not been favorable to our image. In regard to that, I have been making a little wave for the last week or so in order to stimulate change. The acting President of our Union has already stated that the motion my Captain is going to make tonight will be ruled "out of order". That is where I come in with the "appeal from the decision of the chair".
Karen laughed when she caught me reading through Robert's Rules the other day. I will be leaving in just a few minutes to put what I have learned into practice. Hopefully this will be my last experience on all matters related to Roberts! (though I do like his milk)

2 comments:

jubilee said...

Oh, man. And here, by your title, I thought we were gonna talk food. Oh well.

The irony! The irony!

Pastor Jon said...

Jubilee, you pay more attention to titles than anyone I know. That helps make this fun for me!
Thanks for paying attention.

Oh, and I finally asked someone what "BG" meant. I am really out of the loop. Thanks for the grins.
Jon