Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, again I have been caught up in the day to day activities and have not spent the time I need to keep this blog updated. I know that I wrote a couple of weeks ago and mentioned that we had a pastoral candidate coming in.
This turned out to be a good learning time for our church. It also reinforced the things that we were looking for in a Pastor. At the end of the weekend the recommendation from the deacons was that we not hire the candidate. The church took a vote and 60% of the church followed our recommendation. This means that we are still without a Pastor.
As I know that some of you have been praying, I just want to let you know how thankful I am. It would have been nice to have hired a man and been able to give the leadership responsibility over to him. The Lord has put us in this situation though, and he will take us through it.
I pray that I will continue to be thankful for the place that God has put me.
Jon

1 comment:

jubilee said...

We'll all be praying for that.