Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obama, Biden 08

I was asked last night if I had written anything on this blog about the election results. As you know, I haven't. Let me take the time here.

I must confess that I was not surprised at the results. I was disappointed and maybe even a little hurt that our country has slipped so far. I was not able to watch the news on Tuesday night because the media was finding too much joy in watching Obama procure the electoral votes. I shut the T.V. off and went to bed early.

I think that much of the country had the wool pulled over their eyes. However, I think that they were willingly ignorant. They had the opportunity to look for themselves and see what Obama stood for. The had the chance to look up his voting history. If they had, they could have gotten a picture of his heart.

How does the state of California vote down a same sex marriage proposal, then turn around and vote Obama into office? Why does South Dakota vote down a same sex marriage ban and then vote in McCain? The only answer that I can come up with is that we were not made aware of the party platforms. People didn't care about what he stood for, they liked his persona.

What will the next four years bring? I would be a fool to try and answer that one. Instead, I will find comfort in the fact that I serve a sovereign God. I will find comfort in the fact that his timing is perfect and nothing is outside of the span of his control. Lastly, I will find joy in the fact that he still has a plan for me, whatever it may be.

By the way, my brother made a bumper sticker before the election that I had not seen until last night.


Osama
Binladen 08

He also added a footnote, *so the terrorists will like us

2 comments:

jubilee said...

One of the commenters on my blog said her husband was going to make up bumper stickers that said, "Don't look at me, I didn't vote for him." I think I'd buy one of those and maybe your brother's too. BG

Pastor Jon said...

Eric would be flattered.