Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pastoral qualifications?

The pulpit committee voted to bring a candidate in to our church on the 23rd of this month. This will be the first time that our church has seen a candidate since our pastor left two and a half years ago. I am excited to see how the church responds to this event. I pray that we will seek the Lord's will as we consider hiring for this position.

Tonight I am preaching from Malachi chapter 2:5-9
I say that, but I recognize that I will probable only get through verse 6 as there is so much included in those two verses. These verses give a list of the reasons that God made a covenant with Levi. This list is something that we should be seeking to live up to as well.


1.Levi gave God the respect that he deserved
2.The law of truth was in the mouth of Levi
3.Iniquity was not in his lips
4.He walked with God in peace and equity
5.He turned other people from the path of sin

Which of these things has God been working on in your life?

What is the difference between the law of truth being in your mouth and iniquity not being on your lips?

I am not sure how I am going to finish the book of Malachi before we hire a pastor, but I'm going to continue taking it one (or two) verse at a time.

Malachi 2:5-6 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name. 6The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.

No comments: