Friday, March 27, 2009

Acting Comfortable

I noticed today as I looked at my last post that there have been so many things going on in my life right now that I do not even know what day is what.
The storm I talked about came through on Monday night, I was at the fire station on Tuesday, and Wednesday morning is when my roof was repaired. I am sorry that I didn't take the time to proof that post better. I know that it bothers my brother (the school teacher) when I do a poor job editing my own posts!

This has been a busy week as I have been the acting secretary at church. I am looking at the bright side though, at least I don't have to be the acting worship leader this Sunday. That would really make me uncomfortable!

Our church is going through a time of transition. We have had all 3 of our employees resign this past week. Our secretary, our custodian, and our worship leader. Karen and I have talked about this for hours. I appreciate those intimate conversations with my help meet. As we talked, we realized that our sincere prayer for those that are leaving the church is that they will grow through this process. Sometimes it takes being removed from our comfort zones in order for growth to occur. I pray that this would be the result in our case as well.

4 comments:

YourBrother said...

It doesn't bother me. I'm just more comfortable when it's right. :)

Anonymous said...

We're praying for them too. And for you and your family, as well as those left at church. When we do as God commands, the results are His responsibility...and we have always found God faithful.

jubilee said...

We had a church split over one person's resentful statements. So, I can relate in small part to the heartache and confusion that occurs when people are not, well, as selfless as they should be.

It's not easy to pray for those who've made things more difficult for us, or making a decision that is not the best that's for sure. But Anonymous is right: God is faithful. And thank goodness for that because man is not.

Pastor Jon said...

For "your brother", I am always more comfortable when I am right as well!