Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Revealing

I just want to take a minute to thank the Lord for good friends! Living in Iowa during the spring brings the possibility of severe weather. Last year as we were getting ready to leave for family camp we had a storm come through that caused a lot of damage to our home. We lost our porch ceiling fans, we lost a lot of shingles, we lost a barn door, we lost our girls swing set, we had some downed fencing, we lost some trees, and there was some other minor damage around the place.
I remember being so grateful that my business partner came out the following day and helped me repair everything that needed fixing in order for us to leave on vacation the day after.

The tricky part of the roof repair was that without the wind blowing it was difficult to find all of the shingles that had been loosened but had not blown off. We fixed what we could find and our house has remained watertight till this past Tuesday.

This past Tuesday we again had strong winds come through our neck of the woods. These winds revealed what we had missed last summer during our rushed repair. After the weather passed, we again had shingles laying in the yard. It was difficult leaving for work yesterday knowing that my house needed repaired again. I thought about it all day as I made plans for fixing it today.

This morning, almost as soon as I walked in the door, a friend of mine called to say that he was coming out to help me repair the damage. Cliff showed up about an hour later and by 11:00 a.m. we were done with the work. It is truly a blessing to have people in our lives who are willing to give their time in support of others. In spite of all the other things going on in our lives, even this small thing gives me cause to praise the Lord.

1 comment:

jubilee said...

Friends are one of God's biggest blessings, for sure. Family too :)