Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pro-Life, antiquated logic.

I read an opinion piece in the Omaha World Herald today that just about made me physically sick. It was submitted in the "Public Pulse" section by someone that claimed to be a Christian. This woman was very upset about the Pro-Life, Pro-Choice debate. She felt that the proponents of the Pro-Life movement were making their decisions based on antiquated beliefs. She contends that the Pro-Life movement would not have come about if women had been consulted about whether or not they should have a say regarding their own bodies.
How does a professing Christian come to the conclusion that their own opinions supersede the Word of God?

I must admit that I read the article quickly as I was leaving work. I was not able to take it with me and I do not currently have a copy of it. If anyone has access to the article I would appreciate if they would share it in the comments section of this post. I know that this would require a fair amount of typing, but I would appreciate the accuracy of the article rather than my impression of what she was trying to say. My memory of the particulars is probably faulty.

No comments: