Friday, May 22, 2009

Which Two?

I received a call last night at 10:47. The purpose of the phone call was to ask me to fill the pulpit this Sunday in a neighboring town. Of course I said that I would.

During the course of our short conversation (I have never been to the church and don't believe that I know anyone there) I asked if there were specific topics or passages that they are asking their pulpit supply to stick to. I was told "No, but spiritual discernment might be good."

Does this mean that I should preach on spiritual discernment two days from now or does it mean that I need spiritual discernment over the next two days in order to know what to preach on?

2 comments:

jubilee said...

Hmmmm . . . Did it sound like he capitalized spiritual discernment by the tone of his voice?

Either way, I think you have two very interesting choices.

Anonymous said...

Yes, and yes.