Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Time is Short

I was asked a few days ago to speak at a graduation next week. The graduation is for a young lady who has been home schooled so the family is putting on the graduation party. Both parents work at a retail store and have invited everyone at the store to come to the graduation. The family is expecting a large number to attend (possibly over 100) so they have rented a gym for the evening.
If the parents prediction of attendees is correct, then most of those that will be in attendance will not be believers.

I have been asked to give a charge to their daughter, give a summation as to why one would home school, and clearly present the gospel message for those that may not have heard what Christ has done for them. If anyone has input to share, I am receptive. I was asked to keep it around 15 minutes.

On a related note,

If I talk for 25 minutes but make it feel like 12, am I still okay?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How in the world can you be expected to cover those three significant and consequential subjects in 15 minutes! That is a monumental task--but I'm sure you're up to it! :) Can't be any harder than tearing down a barn, can it?

jubilee said...

Oh.My. That is no small task. My advice: edit, edit, edit.