Monday, June 2, 2008

Looking for a Piece of Peace

The last few posts that I have written may mean something different to each reader. Some of you may have some inside information to what I have been referring to, although I hope that you can get something out of my ramblings even if you don't know the details of my circumstance.

In continuing this line of thought, the Lord showed me something this morning that brought me a clearer perspective than I thought I would receive. Again, instead of spelling it out, I would like to share some verses that the Lord put together for me. I am opening it up for your feedback and opinions before I give my thoughts. I am sure that to some of you this is not something new though I believe it is difficult to perceive until needed.

Isaiah 9:6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Luke 2:14Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Luke 12:51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Matthew 10:34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. 37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

No comments: