Saturday, June 21, 2008

Door 2 Door

Tomorrow is the first day of Vacation Bible School for our church. We have changed a lot of things this year and this has added pressure to two people preparing for the week. I am so thankful for the time they have given. I am also thankful for the volunteers that have worked on the decorations and the menu. We are going to be serving dinner every night this week and have classes for all ages, including the adults.

One of our missionary families arrived in town last Sunday. They have spent the week decorating their "missions" room to make it feel like Peru when the kids walk into the room. It is masterfully done, even boasting live animals.

The neatest thing for me however, was spending the last two days walking around town passing out VBS flyer's with the missionary (Samuel Rojas) and the one Hispanic man in our church; Freddie. (Freddie came to know the Lord last year and I had the opportunity to baptize him about six weeks ago). As a team we handed out the flyer's to over 600 households. Approximately40% of these families were Hispanic. I praise the Lord for the boldness that Freddie had in talking to people he didn't know. He was enjoying the time so much that he repeatedly asked when we could do it again. In fact, he asked why we were only doing it for VBS, why didn't we do it all the time?

In addition to the free meals, we are also offering transportation to and from church. Tomorrow night we are starting a week long bus route. I have never been involved in a bus route before but I am praying that it will be a tool to reach more people. Adults and children alike. If you think of it, offer a prayer for the visitors, people, and ministry of Valley View Baptist Church.

1 comment:

Chester said...

Hello. My name is Chester Ortiz and am studying at the Puerto Rico Baptist College. I am currently working on a history project that requires correspondence with a missionary from the country of choice. The country of choice is Peru and I know of a missionary named Samuel Rojas there. I was wondering if I can have his e-mail address. Thankyou for your assistance!