Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I had the opportunity to do a baby dedication yesterday for my nephew Cael. I always think that the best part of doing something special like that is the time I spend in preparation. It was good to be reminded of the serious responsibility that we have as parents to raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

In thinking about that, I couldn't help but reflect on the work that my parents put into rearing 4 boys. As the years go by I am more and more thankful for the parents that the Lord gave me. My father does not cast a big physical presence, but as far as living a consistent Christian attitude and testimony, he compares with few others. I praise the Lord for the relationship that he still maintains with the four of his boys.

Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you, Jon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jon. I love you too. By the way, thanks for the great Father's Day gift!

Anonymous said...

We really appreciated your words at Cael's dedication. You're a gifted preacher, and God has given you a sweet, gentle spirit (something I might not have always said about you!). Thank you for making the day special for everyone involved. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heartwarming words re your dad. You know he is a man of few words...but he feels deeply...wish he could express that to you. We are humbled when we think that God entrusted all you boys to US to rear. I constantly think of 3 John 4. God be praised.

jubilee said...

Your words brought tears to my eyes. You are blessed to have such a dad and I am blessed to have such an uncle.