Sunday, May 4, 2008

Right?

I have been considering all the comments that have been submitted regarding the Mother's Day post. I have wondered for years about the gifts that have gone out to mothers and that is one of the reasons that I posted the questions that I did.
Mother's Day is next week. I have changed my message (and my plan) about three times. I was asked yesterday what the message was going to be about. This has been a difficult question for me to answer. With all of the things going on in our church at this time, I have been consumed with some very specific teachings. I have had to combat what I believe the Apostle Paul would term "doctrines of devils". These doctrines are being embraced by believers.

The reason that I write this on the blog is to ask you to pray that I will have discernment in the message that I deliver this coming Sunday. I want the message to be from the Lord, and I want it to be for the right audience. The "doctrines" that have been consuming my time for the last week need to be addressed in our church, but just because I have been given the "platform" doesn't mean that I need to deliver the message this week.

To put it plainly, I need the right message for the right audience at the right time.

No comments: