Thursday, October 15, 2009

1,830! But Who's Counting?

Today is our second daughter's 13th birthday! Every day with our children is a gift from the Lord but it really hits home for me at this time every year. Many of you know that it was just a couple of days from her 8th birthday that she was involved in a near fatal accident with one of our horses.
As I rode in the squad with her on the way to the hospital and looked into her beautiful hazel eyes, I distinctly remember knowing in my heart that as much as I loved her, the Lord loved her more. I couldn't bring myself to beg for her life, I just asked God for enough time for Karen to make it to the hospital and say goodbye to her. I knew the Lord knows best.

As I write this post I can hear her playing her violin in the other room. I know that she will never understand how beautiful those hymns of praise sound to me right now.

Every day with our children is a gift from God. He answered my prayer exceeding abundantly above all that I could ask or think. Unto him be glory...throughout all ages, world without end. Amen!

Thank you Lord for the last 1,830 days.

Happy 13th birthday Kaylin,
I love you...
Papa

4 comments:

YourBrother said...

Happy birthday, Kaylin!

jubilee said...

From your teary eyed cousin, "Happy Birthday Kaylin. You are a treasure, a gift and a blessing."

jubilee

Anonymous said...

Amen Jon! That was certainly a miracle day! God definitely hears and answers prayer. Happy Birthday to Kaylin!

Jim

Pastor Jon said...

I knew you would remember that day Jim. I appreciated then, and I appreciate now, the prayers that you, your family, and the church lifted to the Lord on our behalf.
It is good to be able to celebrate the goodness of the Lord together!
Jon