Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Clarification

As I read my last post, I realize that the meaning may not come across as I intend. I attempted to be vague, yet I fear I left the wrong impression.

To clarify, I believe the Lord may have gifted me to meet specific temporary needs. If I begin to think the Lord has given me a particular gift because of who I am, I will stray from His will. If I abandon the work that God has currently given me, assuming that I can use these gifts elsewhere, mightn't He take them away?

My last post was to say that I am remaining where I am at. It is here that God has put me and it is here that He has gifted me! Why look elsewhere? It is the work that He has for me and not the position that is important.

Clear as mud?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Romans 11:29

Anonymous said...

Ouch.

YourBrother said...

Which "will" exactly are you going to stray from?
I Thess 4:3For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: (Misinterpreting your gift is going to cause you to commit fornication?)
I Thess 5:18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (misinterpreting your gifts will cause you to cease giving thanks?)
I Peter 2:13-15Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme... For so is the will of God (it will cause you to not submit to human authority?)

God's only other "will" mentioned in scripture refers to his authoritative providence and plan. (neither of which is subject to man's cooperation.)

Or did you mean some arbitrary (hidden) special pre-planned "ideal" path that you are supposed to magically stumble on through focus and prayer (which is never EVER indicated in scripture?)

God gives a burden (spiritual desire) and the gifts to meet that burden.
I think you're doing right. (Your burden is where you are.) When your burden changes, God will provide for the next.

YourBrother said...

Can someone explain Romans 11:29 in this context to me, please?

Pastor Jon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pastor Jon said...

Misinterpreting my gifts may not cause me to stray in the ways that you mentioned, but mightn't misapplying them? Could I get burned out quickly trying to serve the Lord in the wrong place?

I know what you are going to say... Where is the wrong place?

YourBrother said...

=)