Saturday, March 29, 2008

Inside scoop

For those of you in the know, I thought I would add a short message today.

Karen and I, as well as many of you, have earnestly been praying about a possible career change for me. If you have not heard the latest update, I will not have the opportunity to change careers any time soon. I appreciate all of your prayers and would humbly ask you to continue praying that the Lord will continue to use me as He desires.

We know that the Lord uses many things to stretch us and cause growth. This may be one of those times. I believe that the Lord gifts people according to the needs of the church. When those needs change, mightn't the gifts as well?

I ask that to say this, a calling may be specific and not general. At least for now, I am going to assume that is the case in this instance. Until the Lord shows me differently, my desire is to be used where I am at.

Thanks for your prayers, Jon

No comments: