Saturday, December 29, 2007

Does God have a plan?

I must say that I never intended for any of these posts to be quite so long. In regard to that, I am intentionally going to make this one short and sweet.

I am learning that God wants us to see things His way. This is difficult for us because all of our experiences have been filtered through human perception. How do we let human perception go, and begin to see what God desires for us? I'm sure that a book could be written on this subject. I promised you however, at the beginning of this post, that I wouldn't write one. Let me give you what I believe is the first step.

II Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Unless we are willing to abandon human reason, logic, personal experience, reasonableness, and worldly wisdom, we will not achieve what God has for us. In order to abandon these things, we need to replace them with a steady diet of God's word. Do you believe in the sufficiency of scripture? Can you apply it to every area of your life? Are you willing to let go of your plans and really look to see what God is doing?

Do you honestly believe that God is doing something?

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I urge you, open your spiritual eyes to see what God is doing, then support it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't open my spiritual eyes! But I know somehone who can. "He leads us in to all truth." The Holy Spirit is required.

Michael

Pastor Jon said...

Okay, I see your point. I would say that the Holy Spirit is required in order to have "spiritual eyes" but he is not going to force you to open them. That will be your choice.
Romans chapter 8 bears that out!

Anonymous said...

"Behold I stand at the door and knock...."

We think He is knocking and someone needs to open the door....

WLB and MJB

Pastor Jon said...

That's cute with the initials. Most people wouldn't catch that you are brother and sister. Looking forward to seeing you, Jon