Monday, March 15, 2010

Mom knows best

As usual, it was a frantic scramble to get everyone in the car in order to make it to music rehearsal for church on time yesterday morning. It had nothing to do with the time change, just the fact that we were loading up the car for a full day in town.
Music practice was at 8:30, church service at 9:15 (I was preaching out of II Cor 6), Adult Bible Fellowship at 10:45 (Exhortation vs. Edification), church pot-luck at 12:15 (my mother left her dish on the top of the car when she left for church. Conveniently it was still there when she got out of the car at church), and the ordination service at 2:00

As I shut the car off in the church parking lot at 8:34 Sunday morning (only 4 minutes late), we took the time to talk to the Lord about our upcoming day. Specifically we were asking that people would see Christ in us, and that they would see God working in the church. We didn't want the focus of the day to be about us, but about God.

I believe God answered that prayer.

We had a good turnout for the afternoon ordination service. We even had friends from out of town drive in to visit. There was much to be thankful for!

Last night, before we finally headed back home, I received an ordination gift from my mother. I won't share what it was, only that it brought us both to tears. I can't think of a more meaningful gift, or one I'll treasure more, than the gift I received from my mom.